Google Ads for Manufacturers: They Belong in Your Marketing Mix
Why Google Ads Belong in Your Manufacturer Marketing Mix
Our manufacturing clients often ask us “Why use Google Ads?” “Do Google Ads work?” “Are they worth investing in?” Well, ever heard the saying, "You have to spend money to make money"? For manufacturers in the world of digital marketing, this couldn’t ring truer, especially when it comes to Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising and Google Search Ads. According to Statista, PPC advertising spending is expected to reach $279.30 billion by the end of 2023. Now, why would manufacturing businesses across various industries be pouring so much budget into something unless it's genuinely fruitful? In this guide, we want to help you understand what Google Ads Campaigns or PPC campaigns are, how they work, and why you should invest in them for better marketing results.
First, Let's Get on the Same Page: What is PPC?
You know those results that always show up at the top of the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) on Google, Bing, and other search engines? The ones before the organic search results? Then you already know what Google Ads look like. These businesses have paid to appear in one of Google’s coveted top spots. But what exactly is PPC? Well, at its core PPC (or Pay-Per-Click) is a model in which you pay a fee each time someone clicks on your ad on Google, Bing, Instagram, Facebook or another online platform.
Sounds simple, right? But there's a world of strategy that goes into making sure that your clicks convert into loyal customers and your advertising dollars aren’t going to waste. PPC Ads or Google Ads campaigns are like a well-oiled machine — driven by data, powered by technology, and perfected by strategy. According to WordStream, 65% of all clicks made by users who intend to make a purchase can be traced back to paid ads. With stats like these, PPC campaign ads are a tool you shouldn’t overlook.
The Nuts & Bolts: How Do Google Ads Work?
Before we explore why Google Ad campaigns are so effective, it's important to grasp how PPC advertising operates. We know what PPC is now; but there's a lot that goes into making those clicks really count.
- Crafting the Perfect Ad: When you're targeting decision-makers in the manufacturing industry, your ad campaign needs to speak their language. Whether it's showcasing the efficiency of your machinery or the quality of your dining tables, your ad copy should resonate with the unique challenges your audience faces.
- Keyword Optimization: Selecting the most relevant keywords is vital for all your 'ad groups'. These are the terms your potential customers type into search engines when looking for products and services you offer. The goal is to make sure your ad shows up for these specific searches, like “custom trailer,” “luxury shed,” or “glass fireplace doors.”
- Bidding & Budgeting: You bid on your chosen keywords against your competitors. Winning the bid places your ad at the top of the search results, but balancing your budget is crucial to sustain a long-term campaign.
- Tracking & Analytics: Once your ad is live, tracking metrics like click-through rates, conversion rates, and ROI using Google Analytics is essential to fine-tune your campaign and make it more efficient going forward.
- Google Ads Formats: Don't underestimate Google Search Campaigns; they're your secret weapon in PPC. From targeted Search Network to expansive Google Display Network, video ads to Shopping Ads, each type serves a unique goal.
Why is PPC a Must-Have in Your Marketing Mix?
What really sets PPC apart is its ability to deliver instant, targeted, and highly measurable results. It's not just another line item on your marketing budget; it's a strategic investment. So why is PPC so critical for manufacturing businesses? Let’s take a look at the compelling benefits that make PPC more than just an ‘option’, but an unquestionable necessity in your marketing strategy.
Speeds Up Customer Acquisition
With PPC, you're virtually flagging down internet surfers and directing them to your virtual storefront. This speeds up the customer acquisition process exponentially, allowing you to increase website traffic fast, right when users are in the frame of mind to buy.
Targeted & Data-Driven
Generic ads on Google Search and other PPC platforms are quickly becoming a relic of the past. In the era of data, customization is super important. Google ads allow you to micro-target your audience using an array of parameters: think keywords, geographic location, demographics, and even behavioral indicators. This laser-focused approach ensures your advertising dollars are spent engaging people who are genuinely interested in the products and services you have to offer.
According to Formstack, PPC ads are one of the top 3 generators of on-page purchases. Another study shows that businesses earn $2 for every $1 spent on PPC ads. Your Google Ads cost will vary based on how competitive a particular keyword is, but you'll always have a clear view of your spending. So when it comes to clear-cut, quantifiable results, PPC stands tall. And really, what's not to love about crystal-clear, measurable results? With PPC ads, every click, impression, and conversion can be tracked, providing invaluable insights into consumer behavior. This traceability allows for real-time adjustments, ensuring you're getting the most bang for your advertising buck!
Integrates with Other Channels
Think of PPC ads as your marketing Swiss Army knife, a versatile tool that complements your other marketing channels. The data gathered from your PPC campaigns can inform your SEO strategies, while the broad reach of PPC can substantially amplify your existing social media and email marketing efforts.
Enhances Brand Visibility
In a world teeming with brands vying for attention, getting noticed is half the battle. PPC boosts your brand's visibility online, ensuring you appear in relevant search results and social media feeds. Plus, your manufacturing competitors are likely advertising on PPC platforms such as Google Ads. Do you really want them to show up to potential customers, while your website hides further down in the search results? Like what you’re learning so far? Don’t forget to check out our other guide, “Marketing for Manufacturers: The Marathon Strategy.”
Easy to Scale & Adapt
Flexibility is one of the fantastic things about PPC campaigns. You can quickly and easily scale your campaigns up or down based on performance and business needs, offering unparalleled agility in responding to market trends or competitive pressures.
Reinforces Business Credibility
Ranking at the top of search results not only increases visibility, but also lends your brand an air of credibility. Imagine a scenario where a procurement officer searches for “custom metal fabrication”, and your brand tops the search result. That instantly adds credibility, doesn't it? PPC can make this happen.
PPC offers an immediacy that's incredibly valuable for manufacturers looking to break into new markets or launch a new product. Unlike SEO, which can take months to show results, PPC can offer immediate visibility, making it an excellent strategy for new manufacturing businesses or products that require quick market penetration.
Maximize Local Exposure
If you're targeting local customers, PPC is a game-changer. Out of 100 people that search for a specific product or service in their local area, 76 of them will visit a store within 24 hours. This multi-level exposure makes PPC an indispensable tool for local businesses. For example, a local manufacturer of automotive parts could run a PPC campaign targeting local auto repair shops, creating connections that could lead to long-term contracts.
Vessel's Proven Approach to PPC
When it comes to PPC, Vessel isn’t in the business of shooting in the dark. With clients boasting a 300+% ROI, we offer:
- Data-Driven Research Driving Your Strategy: As a manufacturer, you likely need to tap into a niche market. That’s why we always back your PPC strategy with data-based research.
- Integration with HubSpot (and other CRMs): Our smooth integrations with CRM systems like HubSpot means seamless reporting and better decision-making.
- Custom Landing Pages: We build tailored website experiences that convert clicks into customers.
- Conversion Setup for Lead Attribution: Know what's working and what needs fine-tuning with our lead tracking systems.
- Analytical Optimizations: We stay ahead of the curve so you don’t have to, tweaking your Google Ads and other PPC campaigns constantly to improve conversions.
- Transparent Reporting with Call Tracking: Always know where your money’s going with transparent, digestible reports that can also track when phone calls come from our PPC ads.
Ready to Maximize Your PPC Efforts? Let Vessel Lead the Way
Not sure if you're leveraging PPC or Google Adwords to its full potential? At Vessel, we believe in delivering value. Get a free, no-obligation PPC audit from us. If your Google Ads account is fully optimized, we'll tell you. If it isn't, we'll provide you with actionable feedback and performance improvement recommendations — all free of charge.
Ready to elevate your ROI and take the guesswork out of PPC? Connect with Vessel today for a free 20-minute discovery call to learn more and/or start your FREE GOOGLE ADS AUDIT.